Monday, March 7, 2016

How I met tinder...

     Despite currently being heart-broken, sobbing, in my period, and just plain and simple miserable, I will attempt to entertain the shit out of you.

     I made the mistake of asking my former boyfriend for his opinion on what I had so far in this post.  Because of this I find myself second guessing my choice of words for this second entry.  It's also a mistake because I'm just at a point where I'm desperate for any kind of attention I can get from him.  Bear with me people: I am now in the middle of my anger stage...  Me asking him for his opinion and trying to be his friend was part of the denial.  Lets get back to this post:  5, 4, 3, 2, 1, all eyes on me!  I'm still trying to figure out what kind of blog I want to have.

     Do I want it to be kind of a novel?  Nah!  Too much pressure.  I actually just want to begin the healing process. and be as honest as possible while at it.  So I've decided to just go with it.  I think my heart will take me wherever it is meant to go with this.  And right now children, let me tell you the story about how I met tinder.

     I was born in Philadelphia, moved to Puerto Rico when I was 8, and lived there until the tender age of 25?  I can't really count anymore.  Blame the anger stage! Two years after graduating from the wonderful University of Puerto Rico at Humacao, I realized that I was stuck:  I was a single mother still living with my mom and depending heavily on her support.  I was desperate to grow up and find my path.  I needed to move.  Dallas ISD was recruiting and you know how the rest of the story goes.

     Not only was I running from the island, but I was running from an abusive relationship (that, I'll leave for another entry), and a very conservative household.  When you look up the definition of overprotective it says: "refer to Jacqueline Marin."  So when I moved to Dallas with my best friend from college, believe me, it was a fucking free for all.  My daughter was back in PR while I figured out my next move.  I was FREE for the first time in my life.  CUE MOTHERFUCKING TINDER!

     When it comes to online dating I had done it all... I think it all began when I got my first computer at the age of 13 and began exploring the world of ICQ.  Hear that?  It's the sound of younglings asking themselves, what the hell is ICQ?  Millenials, ICQ was a brilliant instant messaging service where I met the guy who I technically count as my first.  No, I didn't lose my virginity when I was 13, but I did meet him when I was 13.  Anyways, that's another post as well.  Long story short, I was an ugly duckling in real life, but that wasn't the case on the Internet.

     Back to Dallas:  Class, Class, Class! (Did I tell you guys I'm a teacher?)  Summer of 2014.  In past years I had played with Plenty of Fish and Ok Cupid to no avail.  Well, actually, I did get to hook up with a ginger once when I went to Maryland, but that was pretty much it.  Even though it was amazing to explore the possibilities, it wasn't a realistic scenario in Puerto Rico because that's just not how you meet people there.  So yeah, I opened them, but I also downloaded this new app called tinder.  In reality it wasn't new, but it was new to me.  How does this thing work? Oh, you just swipe right if you like them, and swipe left if you don't.  What's the purpose?  To fucking hook up.  I promise you, it's just a hook up app.

     What happened next was a series of unfortunate dates (the humper, the golf player, the old man, the Mexican, the French, etc.) that eventually lead me to the love of my life and the man I thought I would marry next year (the ex boyfriend).

     I know you're here for the juicy stuff, but patience my child, this is a process.  I think for now I'm pretty much done with the moping and the unnecessary and uninteresting background story.  Tune in next week for the story of "the humper" and the bargaining, depression or acceptance stage.  It'll be worth your time!

-Angie

5 comments:

  1. I'm laughing my ass off while reading this post. This will definitively help with the healing process. You should have done this long ago babe! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the gift of story telling! Can't wait for next week! And remeber your life is bright and the road keeps going ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie! No quiero hacer leña de tu árbol caído, pero tienes una lectora fiel aquí! Me encanta como escribes! You're an excellent writer! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next week??!!!!! You need more healing... sooner... jajajaaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it next week already??? Love u

    ReplyDelete