Sunday, March 6, 2016

How I met and lost my boyfriend...

     A little bit more than a couple of months ago I found myself trying to find my voice.  My boyfriend at the time was extremely creative and constantly spoke about his dreams.  He reminded me of how much I used to love writing.  Writing was a hobby, but it was also an escape to reality, and a way for me to keep my feelings under control... "el papel aguanta todo."  So anyways, I kept telling myself that if I were to write something, I should write about what I know.  A topic that I know way too much about are disastrous dates.  I wrote what I thought was a great introduction but never actually got around to posting it.  For those of you who are curious, here it goes:

     For almost ten years I went on a series of disastrous dates that eventually led me to my current boyfriend.  Yes, after grueling years of casual, and “one hit wonder” dates, I find myself in a forever kind of relationship.  If my initial sentences have steered you towards the belief that I have the solution to all of your dating woes: think again.  My boyfriend “fell out of the sky” at a moment in which I had convinced myself that I didn’t want a committed relationship because: “I’m tired of guys not taking me seriously.”  Unless you’re some freak of nature, or you have your life figured out, this is something that happens to all of us—whether it be a woman or a man—.  Am I a smarter after all of these dates? Yes.  Do I actually use what I’ve learned? No.  It’s human nature to repeat our mistakes even though we know what the outcome will be.  So what exactly am I here for?  

     According to me, I was here to just give a detailed and funny account of these "amazing" dates I went on.  However, life throws you curve balls.  

     I was in a fun, uncomplicated, loving relationship with my boyfriend.  I turned the fun, uncomplicated, and loving part into dramatic, complicated, and deceitful.  Yeah, we're all humans and we make mistakes, but how you do manage to ruin the one good thing that kept you sane?  Maybe that's the thing, I shouldn't have relied on him to keep me sane.  I should've figured out myself before I tried to figure out us.  

     With us it felt right.  It all happened fast but I didn't question it because it felt UNNATURALLY natural.  Less than a week into our relationship we shared our first "I love you."  Less than a week into our relationship we were living together.  Less than a week into our relationship we were a family.  I thought to myself, "oh, this is what it feels like when people say: YOU JUST KNOW."  

     Anyways, back to the blog...  When I first thought about it I figured my hook would be dates that would eventually lead the reader to knowing the story behind "how I met my boyfriend," but our relationship status has changed.  I'll still tell you all the juicy details to my horrendous dates, but I'll also tell you how decisions, and experiences that I've had, have been both damaging and filled with lessons.  So here's to my first post... children, this is story of how I met and lost my boyfriend.  

-Angie 

3 comments:

  1. Hope it turns into How I got back together with my boyfriend... I'll be tuned to see how it unfolds.-GLORY

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete